We will be having a social day out on a Rail Crawl of the Penistone Line on Saturday 13th August 2011. We will be taking the train to Sheffield and then stop off at various stations on the way back to Huddersfield
- 10:13 dep Huddersfield, 11:30 arr Sheffield and into Sheffield Tap
- 13:06 dep Sheffield, 13:23 arr Elsecar
- 14:23 dep Elsecar, 14:33 arr Barnsley
- 15:01 dep Barnsley, 15:18 arr Penistone
- 16:18 dep Penistone, 16:32 arr Stocksmoor
- 17:34 dep Stocksmoor, 17:43 arr Berry Brow
- 18:50 dep Berry Brow, 18:57 arr Huddersfield
- Strict timings, as there is only an hourly service on the Penistone line
Our next Branch Meeting will be held at Berry Brow Liberal Club, Berry Brow, HD4 7NF (map) at 8pm on Monday 15th August 2011. Catch the 19:40 314 First Bus from Huddersfield Bus Station.
Huddersfield Food & Drink Festival in St George’s Square, Huddersfield has begun and runs until Sunday 14th August 2011. It is one of Yorkshire’s largest free food and drink festivals. Amongst the exhibitors are Elland Brewery, Little Valley Brewery, Natural Cider Company, King’s Head, Nook Brewhouse, Sportsman, Star. More details here .
There is a Beer Festival at the Foxglove, 6a Penistone Road, Kirkburton, Huddersfield, HD8 0PQ (map) from Friday 12th to Sunday 14th August. 20 beers will be available.